Hi Friends. I really wanted to go hiking at Graveyard Fields the last few days to have another family-style adventure to share with you here- I really did! But every time I grab my camera and start to head out, this happens:
and then this:
blaahhhh. I’ll get there- eventually. In the meantime, this looks like a great time to go get some chicken and try out this new recipe I found today at Cooking With Thas:
Baked Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks (I’ll probably use boneless thighs)
Thas says, “…take it easy and be creative in your kitchen… your taste buds will admire and embrace you.” Sounds good.
- Chicken Drumsticks- 12
- Ground pepper- ½ tsp
- Bread crumbs- ¼ cup
- Parmesan Cheese, grated- ¼ cup
- Chili powder or Paprika- ½ tsp
- Dried Oregano- 1½ tsp
- Salt- to taste ( don’t add too much as parmesan cheese has salt in it)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Clean the chicken drumstick under running water, you could use skin on or remove the skin according to your preference.
- In a large bowl, combine ground pepper, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, chili powder, dried oregano and salt.
- Put the cheese mixture into a ziploc bag.
- Put the chicken drumsticks into the bag and shake it for sometime till the drumsticks are evenly coated with the cheese mix.
- If you don’t have a ziploc bag, you could just roll each chicken drumstick on the cheese mix and coat it evenly.
- Let it stand for 1o minutes.
- Pre heat the oven to 400 For 204 degree Celsius.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the drumsticks without crowding them.
- Spray each drumsticks with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for total 30 minutes or until drumsticks turn golden brown in color.
- After the initial 15 minutes of baking, flip over the drumsticks to the other side and if needed spray some more oil on it.
- And then, bake for the remaining 15 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce or salad on the side.